By: Ana Margarita Olar| Foodfindsasia.com
Are you planning a picnic this weekend? Here are some chicken recipes that you can try for “beer and grill” Fridays night, or even on a weekend “staycation”:
Beer Marinated Chicken Breast Inasal– Cook your delicious grilled chicken recipe with a twist.
2 lbs chicken breasts (deboned)
¼ cup vinegar
¼ cup soy sauce
1 cup beer
1 thumb sized ginger minced
½ tsp. slat
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp. turmeric powder
3 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. margarine
- Lay boneless chicken on the chopping board and cover with a cling wrap then flatten it by pounding with a meat tenderizer tool.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Soak the pounded chicken breasts. Marinate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- In a separate microwave-safe bowl, combine the basting ingredients, and mix well. Microwave for 1 minute.
- Prepare the grill. Lay the marinated chicken cook each side for 4 minutes each before turning over and baste the top part with your prepared basting sauce. Flip side every 4 minutes until the chicken breasts are done.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with atchara. Enjoy!
Sweet and sour chicken nuggets-Your kids will love this chicken recipe mixed with sweet and sour sauce.
Ingredients (For chicken nuggets):
¼ kilo of chicken breasts, deboned
½ tsp. ground black pepper
Procedure (for Chicken Nuggets)
- Slice chicken breasts into 2×2 inch pieces
- Place the slices in a bowl and pour with buttermilk. Cover and place in the fridge for 3 hours to marinate.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to the chicken. Coat evenly with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then adjust the oven settings to broil and let it stay for another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove and transfer to the serving plate. Set aside
Ingredients for the Sweet and Sour sauce:
1 and ½ cup water
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup ketchup
½ cup fresh pine apple chopped
3 tbsp. vinegar
1 small onion, chopped
1 small red and green bell pepper, chopped
½ tbsp. cornstarch, diluted in 1 tbsp. water
- Boil the water then add sugar, ketchup, and vinegar. Let the mixture boil again and stir.
- Add pineapple, onion and bell peppers, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture and stir until the sauce is thick.
- Transfer to a container and let it cool.
For sweet and sour chicken nuggets:
- Arrange the chicken nuggets on a serving plate
- Pour the sweet and sour sauce and garnish with chopped parsley.
Stir fry Tangerine Chicken– Go vegan with this vegetable and chicken recipe.
½ cup tangerine or orange juice
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tsp. corn starch
1 tbsp. canola oil or cooking oil
½ kilo chicken breasts deboned and cut into 1 inch pieces.
1 cup carrots cut into squares
2 cups of fresh broccoli
1cup whole fresh mushrooms, sliced.
2 tbsp. water
¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
In a small bowl, mix the orange juice, soy sauce and cornstarch until fully dilute and set aside.
In a non-stick pan, heat oil over medium heat, cook chicken for 4-5 minutes stirring frequently. Add carrots, cook for 2-3 minutes, add broccoli, mushrooms, and water then cook for 3-4 minutes longer, stir frequently.
Adjust to low heat and add the chicken mixture. Cook for 1 more minute or until sauce is thickened. Sprinkle the top with chopped cilantro.
Try this sumptuous dished and share with the whole family. Enjoy!