RELLENONG BANGUS with Pickled Mangoes on Episode 4 of Lutong Bahay ni Mama Sita | The Philippine Embassy in Seoul, in collaboration with the Philippine Agriculture Office and the Mama Sita Foundation, proudly presents the culinary video for the fourth episode of “Traditional and Contemporary Philippine Cuisine: Lutong Bahay ni Mama Sita,” showcasing the iconic dish “RELLENONG BANGUS with Pickled Mangoes” with Charga.
This collaboration project, Traditional and Contemporary Philippine Cuisine: Lutong Bahay ni Mama Sita, aims to boost Philippine cuisine promotion in Korea, preserve and pass on the Philippines’ rich culinary treasures to future generations and migrant Filipinos, and support Philippine farmers, fisherfolks, and agricultural communities whose contributions have enriched the Philippine cuisine.
- Combine Mama Sita’s Oyster Sauce, calamansi juice, salt and pepper. Marinate the fish skin in this mixture for 30 minutes. Set aside the marinade.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, boil water. Add the fish meat and cook just until it turns white. Drain and pick out the bones.
- In a wok, heat oil and sauté the onions. Add the carrots, potatoes and green peas. Stir-fry until done.
- When the vegetables are tender, mix in the fish meat, marinade, Mama Sita’s Liquid Seasoning and raisins.
- Remove from heat and add the beaten eggs.
- Stuff this mixture into the fish skin until it reaches the neck. Dredge in flour.
- Deep fry with its head intact until the fish is golden brown.
Deboning the fish: Clean and scale the fish. Place the fish on a flat surface. Pound the body with the back of the knife or a mallet. Press your left hand firmly against the fish and with your right hand, jerk the tail upward. The idea is to break the middle bone of the fish. With a spoon, scrape out all the flesh and set it aside. Discard the middle bone.
- ¼ cup 60 ml Mama Sita’s Garlic Oyster Sauce
- ½ tsp 2.5 ml Mama Sita’s Liquid Seasoning
- 2 pcs 500 g each (approx) Bangus (milkfish), whole
- 1 tbsp 15 ml Calamansi (or lemon) juice
- 1 tsp 5 ml Salt
- ¼ tsp 1 g Black pepper, ground
- 1 cup 250 ml Water
- 2 tbsp 30 ml Oil
- 2 pcs 80 g Onion, chopped
- 1 pc 100 g Carrots, chopped
- ½ cup 125 g Potatoes, chopped
- ½ cup 125 g Frozen green peas
- ⅓ cup 80 g Raisins
- 2 pcs Medium Egg, beaten
- 1 cup 127 g Flour
- 2 cups 500 ml Oil , for frying