By: Ana Margarita Olar|Foodfindsasia.com
Fruit salad is a nutritious and tasty treat for this scorching summer heat. For some, it is considered a comfort food because of the refreshing taste and the fresh ingredients. If you are tired of the usual fruit salad, here are some recipes that you must try:
RECIPE # 1: BUKO SALAD
3 cups of grated coconut meat
1 can (15.5 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
1 can (10 ounces) condensed milk
1 can (10.5 ounces) Nestle cream
½ cup grated cheese
- Toss all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Freeze for about an hour.
- Enjoy your delicious salad.
RECIPE # 2: TOMATO AND FRUIT SALAD
2 pounds watermelon, sliced
2 pounds honeydew melon, sliced
1 fresh sliced peach
2 nectarines sliced
2 wedged red plums
1green tomato sliced
1 pound assorted heirloom tomatoes, halved
6-8 pieces fresh basil leaves
- Arrange all the ingredients on a platter and chill for several minutes before serving.
RECIPE # 3: FILIPINO STYLE FRUIT SALAD
1 ½ heavy cream
1 (8ounce) cream cheese
1 can pineapple chunks drained
1 big can of fruit cocktail, drained
1 can lychee, drained
1 cup coconut
1 (8 ounces) unsalted almonds chopped
- Whip heavy cream and cream cheese together.
- Combine all the other ingredients, and chill overnight.
RECIPE # 4: BERRIES WITH MINT LIME FRUIT SALAD
For Mint-Lime Syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed fresh mint leaves
¼ cup fresh lime juice
2 cups fresh strawberries halved
1 cup fresh raspberries
2 cups seedless grapes
2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced thinly
- Prepare the syrup by stirring all the ingredients (except lime juice) and 1 cup of water in a saucepan over medium heat. Boil until sugar dissolves and remove from heat. Stir in lime juice and let it cool for 30 minutes. Chill syrup for 4 hours.
- Prepare Salad: toss all the ingredients in a large bowl and pour with mint-lime syrup. Serve immediately.
RECIPE # 5: MELON AND MOZZARELLA FRUIT SALAD
3 cups fresh peaches, peeled
1 tub (8 ounces) mozzarella cheese balls cut in half
3 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
4 cups watermelon, cubed and seeded
4 cups honeydew melon, cubed
3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
2 cups seedless green grapes
- Toss all the ingredients in a large bowl and chill. Serve immediately.
- Here are just some of the tasty fruit salad recipes that you must try this summer.