By Ana Margarita A. Olar | Foodfindsasia.com
Treat yourself and your family a delicious treat without the hassle of baking. Here are some no-bake cake ideas for you to try:
1. No-bake chocolate, raspberry, and vanilla icebox cake
1 medium sponge flan case, with edge, removed
26 sponge fingers
300g chocolate ice cream, slightly melted
300g raspberry ice cream, slightly melted
300g vanilla ice cream, slightly melted
Dark chocolate chips
• Put baking parchment in a 16 cm diameter spring-clip cake tin. Place the flan base in the middle and line sponge fingers vertically on the edges.
• In a separate bowl, whip the chocolate ice cream until smooth. Pour on the cake tin and spread. Let it set in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
• Whip the raspberry and vanilla ice cream and spread over the top of the cake. Store in the freezer for 3- 4 hours. Remove from the tin and decorate with chocolate chips.
2. No-bake chocolate biscuit cheesecake
2x 154g of chocolate biscuit
8-ounce cream cheese
¼ cup heavy cream
6 to 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1/3 cup sugar
• Place cookies in a food processor, process until finely ground. The combine it with 3 tbsp. sugar, 6 tbsp. butter, and mix well until crumb mixture holds together. Transfer into a spring-form pan, pat evenly to make the crust place in freezer.
• Combine cream cheese, lemon juice, and remaining sugar in a mixer. Beat until well combined. Pour this mixture evenly into the crust and freeze for another 30 minutes.
3. No bake- watermelon cake
1 whole seedless watermelon (about 6 pounds)
8 ounce whipped topping
1 cup sliced almonds
1 kiwi sliced
3 strawberries sliced
1/3 cup raspberry
¼ cup blueberry
• Peel watermelon remove and discard the rind.
• Pat watermelon with paper towels until dry and apply the frosting.
• Decorate with fruits, freeze for 10-15 minutes and serve.
4. No- bake Graham, chocolate, and banana icebox cake
15 ounces chopped milk chocolate
5 egg yolks
3 cups heavy cream
20pcs. Graham crackers
4 -5 pcs. Ripe bananas thinly sliced lengthwise
• Wrap a 5 by 10-inch loaf pan with plastic. Place yolks and salt in a heatproof bowl. Then place chocolate in another heatproof bowl.
• In a medium saucepan, bring cream to a simmer then slowly pour the cream into a bowl with yolks while whisking constantly. Pour the mixture into the saucepan set over low heat. Be sure not to bring it to a boil. Check that the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of wooden spoon. Immediately pour this on the bowl with chocolate. Put inside the refrigerator for four hours, stirring occasionally.
• Spread 1 cup chocolate mixture into a bottom of the loaf pan. Top with a layer of graham crackers. Spread ½ cup chocolate mixture over the top then line with some bananas. Spread ½ cup chocolate over the bananas and top with a layer of graham crackers. Repeat with the remaining ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
These cakes are sumptuous, delicious, and satisfying and can be done with no sweat at all. So grab that spatula and start making your delicious dessert treats!