Trisha Yearwood’s TV show “Trisha’s Southern Kitchen” has churned out several yummy delights for years on the Food Network. This time, we’re focusing on a simple dish which her fave Charleston Cheese Dip. This one will only take 10 minutes to prepare and another 15 minutes to cook. It will yield 10 servings.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 8 butter crackers, crushed, such as Ritz
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Corn chips, crackers or bagel chips, for serving
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, green onions and cayenne pepper. Transfer the mixture to a shallow baking dish, such as a 9-inch pie pan. Top the mixture with the cracker crumbs and bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven and top with the bacon. Serve immediately with corn chips, crackers or bagel chips.