FoodfindsAsia.com | Arm yourself with these powerful online tools to defend against online scams | There is no doubt that the world of the internet has several positive aspects but the negative ones cannot be ignored as well. With several websites being launched on a daily basis, how can you be sure that you are dealing with a legitimate one every time? Most online fraudulent schemes are also targeted to seniors that’s why it’s always important to keep yourself and your family safe from cyber threats.
Consider that you are constructing a business agreement with an online company. To start with, you should go through the website to see the layout as well as the presence that it has. Apparently, it is not that simple to determine whether a website is professional or not. If it has some interactive designs and animations, anyone would develop an immediate fascination about it. By using a who-is tool, you can extract information related to ownership. Similarly, there are other tools that can help you in avoiding scams.
Let us have a look at the top three tools that reduce the probability of getting scammed.
This tool provides assistance for people who want to know about a website as well as for the owners.
- What is the best way to determine the legitimacy status of a company? Usually, before establishing a business relation, knowing about the company you are connecting with is very important. Simply by viewing the website, you cannot be sure about whether it is legitimate or not. For instance, if it has registration problems, it means that the company which owns it does not operate in a professional manner. Thus, establishing a business relationship with such a company is risky.
- A weak domain means that the chances of a website getting hacked increase. On the other hand, if you keep a constant check on the domain, you would know whether its strength is up to the mark or not. With the Who-Is tool, you can change the domain name whenever needed. Other than that, you can change it when it starts losing strength. The best thing is that who-is tools are free so no apprehensions about paying any money to use them.
The online payment option is a commendable source of convenience for the customer. He does not have to visit the ATM and pull out any cash. From the merchant’s angle, this option has a risk angle attached to it as well. The use of fake credit cards is a very common problem these days. A con man may be using a card which he does not own. If the merchant entertains the transaction, the customer would be able to pay. However, when the merchant opts for getting his claim, the bank would not entertain his request in any manner. Using the credit card validator is a good way to avoid such financial frauds.
- Using the credit card validator is amazingly simple. You are required to enter the card number and the tool would extract the owner’s name along with other details. If they match with the person who is using the card, you can entertain the transaction. In other cases, simply communicate to the customer that there are validity problems with the card and the request cannot be entertained.
- This tool is used online so you don’t need to run an installation process on every device. It can be used on multiple devices with internet connectivity. Along with that, a credit card validator is a free tool that benefits the users. Financial frauds are very common these days and the rate of occurrence is increasing as well. Merchants can eliminate the chances of losing money by using the credit card validator.
- People these days are more inclined towards online shopping. Hence, the trend of credit card usage is increasing as well. With more people using plastic money to make payments, the rate at which frauds are occurring is on the rise as well. A credit card validator provides an assurance about the legitimacy of a particular card.
While using the internet, scams and monetary frauds are not the only risks. If you are accessing a website which itself is infected, major damages can be caused to the computer, smartphone, or tablet being used. Malware is damaging constituents which enter the system memory and cause irreparable damage. If any operating system file or registry gets infected, end to end reinstallation has to be done. At times, the infection is large-scaled and the user cannot take a data backup.
- Being careful is the key here. If you are using the internet for shopping, social media, blogging, or any other purpose, ensure that you have checked the credibility of the website being accessed. The malware checker tells you whether a website is safe to access or not. It is an online free tool so no downloads or installations are needed.
- This is a simple to use tool and anyone can use it without facing complications. Simply enter the URL of the website and click the “check malware” button. The tool would show whether the website is safe to use or not.
Several kinds of frauds are being executed on the internet. If you are equipped with the correct tools, you can avoid them without much difficulty. For instance, if you are a business merchant accepting online payments, make sure that the credit card being used does not have legitimacy problems. With the credit card validator, you can check the originality of the card. These days, fake credit cards are being used for online procurement. If the merchant accepts one of these cards, he does not get any claim from the bank. Hence, make sure that you are only accepting legitimate cards.
Are you accessing a website that is completely safe? Malware is a harmful component that has a negative impact on the system files. If any of the operating system files are damaged, you would not be able to use the system anymore. With the malware checker, the safety standard of a website can be checked prior to access.
The Who-is tool is another free quality application that provides administrative details related to a website. This information holds importance if you are planning to have a partnership with another brand.