By: Ana Margarita A. Olar| Foodfindsasia.com
Getting your kids to eat fish is an endless war especially if they are not used to it. So here are some ways on how to make over your Tilapia fish that your kids will enjoy and still get that much-needed protein:
Crunchy Tilapia Sticks with Mayo Dip.
4-5 pieces medium sized tilapia
1 cup flour
1-2 medium sized eggs
- To make tilapia sticks, cut tilapia fillets in half, and cut the thicker sides in half so that they will be longer.
- Coat the fish, with flour, eggs and panko to ensure that it looks appealing and the crispy coating will adhere evenly to the fish sticks.
- Put the fish sticks on a baking sheet, sprinkling them with salt and pepper.
- Coat a non-stick pan with cooking oil, and pan fry until crisp and golden.
- Drain excess oil on paper towels, sprinkle with salt and serve with mayonnaise.
Fish and Fries Burger Recipe
1-2 pcs tilapia filets cut in half horizontally
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp. flour
½ cup French fries.
2 slices of Cheese
Soft bread buns
- Sprinkle the fillet with salt and pepper, dust with flour, dip in egg and panko making sure that it is completely covered.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan; fry the fish and French fries until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan, top with cheese and spread with mayonnaise.
- Place the patty on the bottom bun and top with French fries. You can add lettuce, cucumber, and tomatoes.
- Cover with top bun and serve.
Tilapia fish balls
2 pcs tilapia fillets
½ cup shredded cheese
½ cup teaspoon baking powder
½ tsp lemon pepper
¼ tsp salt
- Bake the fish fillet until it can be easily shredded with a fork. Let cool for five minutes add the egg, and cheese.
- In a separate bowl, combine, baking powder, lemon pepper, and salt. Then mix the dry ingredients with wet ingredients and stir well.
- You can do either of the following:
>Mold the mixture into small balls, deep fry, and drain excess oil on paper towels
>Scoop the fish mixture and put into the holes of a cake pop maker and bake for 5 minutes
>Serve with favorite dip.
As a parent, serving nutritious foods and convincing our kids to eat them is an unending quest that we need to face. We need to be creative and experiment with different menus to ensure our family’s health.