By Ana Margarita Olar | Foodfindsasia.com
Breakfast is a meal of the day that is either skipped or done hurriedly. And most people opt for something that is readily available and easy to prepare: eggs. Scrambled eggs, sunny side up eggs, boiled eggs. But do you know that there are other ways to prepare eggs? Here are some must-try recipes:
- Minute only eggs. Using the microwave is the fastest way to cook eggs. Beat a raw egg with a little non-fat milk, pour into a microwave-safe container and heat for 1 minute, season with herbs and spices.
- Egg White Omelette. If you are very particular with controlling cholesterol intake, you can still enjoy a hearty breakfast by separating cholesterol free egg whites from the yolk.
- Stuff burrito with scrambled egg, chicken breast meat, and diced tomatoes. Boost the flavour by adding low-calorie guacamole.
- Egg Salad. If you are bored with fried eggs then try egg salad with low-fat mayonnaise and your choice of vegetables.
- Poached Eggs. Poaching is one of the healthiest ways to cook eggs since it doesn’t involve using oil. This can make a delicious topper to whole grain toasted bread.
- Try a corn and pepper quiche cobbled with egg whites and soy milk to have a delightful and healthful twist.
- Steamed eggs. Done by whisking several eggs together with water or low-sodium chicken broth, then pour the mixture to individual cups or a large bowl placed over a steamer.
- Egg Soup. Drop a raw egg into a steaming bowl of your favourite soup. The egg will cook readily while the broth is hot making it thicker and tastier.
- Tea Eggs. This is a wholesome snack popular in China where eggs are soaked in tea and soy sauce.
- Baked Eggs. Carve out a hole in the centre of breakfast bread, drop a raw egg into it and bake in the oven. Choose multi-grain roll for a healthier breakfast.
- This is a Japanese recipe also known as rolled omelette. It may vary in flavour and fillings.
- Devilled Eggs. Often served as finger foods in parties, here is a way to make devilled eggs healthier:
Hard-boil the eggs let it sit still for 12 minutes. Peel and cut lengthwise, place the whites on the plate and yolks in a bowl. Mash the yolks together with plain yogurt, pepper, and salt until well mixed. Put the mixture back to egg whites and sprinkle with paprika.